We are a nonprofit organisation that has been working for over 50 year to provide opportunities to at-risk youth and to vulnerable adults, in Spain and in Latin America.
Our goal is to build a fairer, more accepting and caring society, where diversity is accepted as a value and each and every person may reach their own life goals. We believe in the possibility of change for each individual and we are committed to those who are more vulnerable.
We offer innovative methods to provide quick and effective solutions to the needs of the people we work with. With this goal in mind, we have promoted the internal exchange of know-how, strenghted our volunteer's commitement and expanded our alliances with Public Administration, small and big businesses and other nonprofits.
- Focus on the individual: We believe in each person and their potential. Respecting human dignity and supporting the personal development of every man and woman are an essential part of our identity.
- Fraternity: we promote fraternity as a lifestyle based on accepting each other unconditionally, fostering dialogue, trust and commitment.
- Transformative Utopia: we work at a local level to transform society and create a more sustainable, unified and equal world.
- Participation: We encourage individuals to engage in both personal and collective changes, while promoting collaboration, teamwork and networking.
- Equality: We stand against any form of discrimination and violence. We work to achieve equal opportunities and treatment for men and women, in all aspects.
- Transparency: We show exactly who we are and what we do, openly communicating relevant information about our activities and management.
The social action carried out by the Adsis Movement emerged from the presence of young people in disadvantaged neighborhoods across many Spanish cities in the 1960’s.
Our Social Action has been organized in different ways over time in each city where Adsis is present: at first, through volunteer experiences and youth centers for leasure, working hand to hand with local civil associations that were consolidated during the 1980s; and later by creating structures of coordination and joint work, like the Federación Estatal de Servicios e Iniciativa Social.
Through time, Adsis has promote different programs to meet the needs of people and groups at risk of social exclusion, such as projects with ethnic minorities and inmigrants, the boost of volunteering, training and employment projects, values education for young people, development cooperation and fair trade.
On April the 16th of 1996, Fundación Adsis was established as a charity. It is a foundation with an ‘associative soul’ because it integrates all the different experiences of each of the local Adsis associations, to build local and global strategies together.